The renaming functionality helps the users to change the display name of these elements so that they don’t have to learn the standard – technical naming conventions but instead can get comfortable with existing terms that are being used in their regular business processes. change the display name of these elements so that they don’t have to learn the standard – technical naming convention change the display name of these elements so that they don’t have to learn the standard – technical naming conventions but can get comfortable with existing terms s but can get comfortable with existing terms.
Use Case: Let us assume that we want to rename the field name of Description in the Purchase Orders (PO301000) screen to PO Description.
Now to rename the field below mentioned are the steps:
By using the Fields section under Screens–
- After logging into Acumatica, create a new customization project on Customization Projects (SM204505) form.
- Add the Purchase Orders (PO301000) screen to customize.
- Open it in the Customization Project Editor.
- And publish the project.
- Now inspect the name of the Description field of the screen.
- Now select the Fields section as shown below:
- Click on the ‘+’ icon.
- In the opened dialog box, select the below-mentioned values.
- Check-mark the required row for which modification is to be made, and then click on Add & Close button.
- Now under the Display Name column type PO Description, and then click on the Save button.
- And last, publish the project.
- Hence, the field has been renamed.
Curious to know how Acumatica can Unlock your business potential?
Contact Us today at email@example.com!
What We Do – GerminIT, one of the oldest ERP providers, is well known for its ERP implementation and customizations. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for data migration, system integrations, technical consultations, implementation competence, third-party add-on development, and product customizations for clients across the US, UK, Middle East, Australia, Asia, and Africa.