Use Case: Let us suppose that the organization sells jams and that each employee of the sales department works with jams of particular flavor. When managers create sales orders, they should select only from the list of jams they sell to avoid entry mistakes. Further suppose that Joseph Becher sells Apple & Orange jam, Kimberly Gibbs sells Cherry & Kiwi jam. To restrict the visibility of inventory items to the appropriate users in the system, you would create the following restriction groups with direct restrictions on the Inventory Item Access (IN103000) form:
Group 1: This group would include the restriction for Joseph Becher for Apple & orange jams.
Group 2: This group would include the restriction for Kimberly Gibbs for Cherry & Kiwi jams.
As a result, Joseph Becher can view & select the items on Apple & Orange jams whereas Kimberly Gibbs can only view & select the items on Cherry & Kiwi jams.
- Login to the Acumatica site as an admin.
- Search for Inventory Item Access (IN103000) form in the universal search bar.
Or under the Row Level Security menu, in the Configuration section click on Inventory Item Access.
- Now in order to set the restriction for Group 1, enter Group 1 in the Group name box.
- Enter the description in the Description box.
- Select the Group Type as A.
- In order to activate this restriction group check mark on Active box. And then click on Save button to save it.
- As soon as the record is saved the list of the users on the system are loaded in the Users tab. Check mark on becher row.
- Now under Item Classes tab select JAM class.
- And under Inventory Items tab select the only varieties of Apple & Orange jams.
- And click on Save button to save this restriction group.
- Similarly create the restriction group for Group 2 for Kimberly Gibbs having access only to the varieties of Cherry & Kiwi jams for JAM item class.
- Hence, in this way the users working on the system for particular inventory items can be restricted to access the items.
What We Do – GerminIT, one of the oldest ERP providers, is well known for its ERP implementation and customizations. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for data migration, system integrations, technical consultations, and implementation competence, third-party add-on development, and product customizations for clients across the US, UK, Middle East, Australia, Asia, and Africa.