Use Case: Let us assume that a user wants to add a text field in the Summary area of Sales Orders (SO301000) screen of Acumatica.
The data displayed in the below-mentioned steps are from the U100 dataset of Acumatica.
To add a new field, below mentioned are the steps:
- After logging into Acumatica, create a new project in Customization Projects (SM204505) screen.
- Add the existing Sales Order (SO301000) screen.
- Now select the Form: Document section and navigate to Add Data Fields tab.
- Click on New Field button under the Add Data Fields tab.
- Upon clicking it, a pop-up window will open. Enter the details for the new field and click on OK button as shown below.
- Click on Save button and publish the project.
- Publishing the project will save the new field in database and DAC file.
- Since, the new field is to be added under the External Ref field in the Summary area; navigate to the External Reference field in the middle pane of the Customization Project Editor.
- And click on Add Data Fields tab.
- Navigate to the new created field, select the checkbox and then click on Create Controls button.
- And then click on Save button.
- Publish the project.
- And hence, the field has been added.
Curious to know how Acumatica can Unlock your business potential?
Contact Us today at email@example.com!
What We Do – GerminIT, one of the oldest ERP providers, is well known for its ERP implementation and customizations. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for data migration, system integrations, technical consultations, implementation competence, third-party add-on development, and product customizations for clients across the US, UK, Middle East, Australia, Asia, and Africa.