Use Case: Let us assume that a user wants to add a checkbox field in the Summary area of the Stock Items (IN202500) screen of Acumatica, as in screenshot 1-
The data displayed in the below-mentioned steps are from the U100 dataset of Acumatica.
To add a new checkbox field, below mentioned are the steps:
- After logging into Acumatica, create a new project in Customization Projects (SM204505) screen.
- Add the existing Stock Items (IN202500) screen; see screenshot 2-
- Now select the Form: Item section in the middle pane and select Add Data Fields tab, screenshot 3-
- Click on the New Field button under the Add Data Fields tab; refer to screenshot 4-
- Upon clicking it, a pop-up window of Create New Field will open. Enter the details for the new checkbox field, as shown in screenshot five below.
- Click on the Save button and publish the project, refer screenshot 6-
- Publishing will allow the system to save the new field in the database and DAC file.
- Since the new field is to be added under the Description field of the Summary area, navigate to the Description in the middle pane of the Customization Project Editor.
- And click on Add Data Fields tab, screenshot 7.
- Navigate to the newly created field, select the checkbox and then click on Create Controls button, screenshot 8.
- And then click on the Save button, Screenshot 9.
- Publish the project.
- And hence, the field has been added; see Screenshot 10.
We hope this blog explains how to add a new checkbox in Acumatica. To learn more capabilities of Acumatica, contact us at email@example.com