Users can either create their custom SVG icons or download them and use them for workspaces instead of the default ones.
Use case: Let us assume that the user wants to modify the icon for the Production Workspace of Acumatica.
To modify the Workspace icons below mentioned are the steps:
- Download/create an SVG icon.
- Now copy this SVG file to [instance_name]/Content/svg_icons folder.
- Open this file in Visual Studio.
- After you open it, the file will contain the below code. The following code is an example of the SVG file that we have downloaded in this blog.
- And enter the below surround the code tag of <path> by <symbol> tag.
|<symbol id= “production_icon”> |
<path d= “…”> //this tag is already present
- id: represents the ID of the icon.
viewBox: represents the coordinates of the icon. The dimensions defined in viewBox should be for a square layout of the icon. In our case since, the viewBox attribute is already present in the code, there isn’t any requirement to add a new one. You can even remove the viewBox attribute from the <svg> tag and can put it in the <symbol> tag. In case there are multiple icons in one svg file, make sure the correct values have been specified for each of them.
- And hence, save the file.
- Now log in to Acumatica, with the credentials have to right to edit the Menu page.
- Click on the More Menu (three dots) in the lower left bottom of the screen, and select Edit Menu.
- This will change the screen in editing mode.
- Select the pencil icon to the right of the Production Orders workspace.
- This is open the Workspace Parameters dialog box.
- Select the production_icon option from the Icon dropdown menu.
- And then click on OK.
- And at last, select the Exit Menu Editing option in the lower left bottom of the screen.
- Refresh your browser and hence, the icon has been modified.
Curious to know how Acumatica can Unlock your business potential?
Contact Us today at email@example.com!
What We Do – GerminIT, one of the oldest ERP providers, is well known for its ERP implementation and customizations. We provide complete end-to-end assistance for data migration, system integrations, technical consultations, implementation competence, third-party add-on development, and product customizations for clients across the US, UK, Middle East, Australia, Asia, and Africa.