A dependable ERP system is an invaluable tool for any business looking to track and evaluate sales performance. In this blog, Acumatica users can gain key insights on how to solve the “Sales Order Error: Shipment cannot be confirmed for the order with the ship-complete setting”. There might be scenarios where, for a sales order with more than 1-line items, the quantities are out of stock in the warehouse. Hence, while the shipment document is prepared for the ales order, the following error gets triggered. In such a case, the user can place a backorder for the items which are out of stock.
To allow the system to place on back-order the below mentioned steps can be followed:
- Open the Sales Orders (SO301000) form. Click on + icon to add a new record.
- Select the customer for whom the respective Sales order is being created.
- Click on the pencil icon of the Customer field.
- This opens the Customers (AR303000) form in a pop-up window.
- Head on to the Shipping tab and under Shipping Instructions section select Shipping Rule as Back Order Allowed. And then click on the Save button.
6. Now, add the items to be sold to the Sales Orders form. Save the form and then click on the Create Shipment button.
- In the current scenario, let us assume that the sales order is created for APPLES & ORANGES inventory items and only APPLES would be shipped for now.
- So, after entering into Shipment (SO302000) document, delete the line with the ORANGES stock item and click on Save button.
- And then click on the Confirm Shipment button.
10. Hence, the shipment for the APPLES stock item has been created.
11. The status of the Sales Orders gets changed to Back Order as shown below.
This blog explains “Sales order Error: Shipment cannot be confirmed for the order with the ship-complete setting. For an immersive Acumatica customization and implementation consultation, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Us– Recognized for its X3 implementation and customization the world over, GerminIT is one of the oldest Sage X3 (a Sage Business Cloud Solution) development and implementation enablers and a one-stop solution provider for Sage X3 organizational needs. With a proven track record of X3 development and implementation solutions for clients across the US, UK, Middle East, Australia, Asia, and Africa, we bring complete end-to-end assistance for data migration, system integrations, technical consultations, and implementation competence, and third-party support add-on development, and product customizations. With GerminIT, your business will be supported with the best-in-class Sage X3 customization and development services, integrated applications such as Shipping System | eCommerce | Business Intelligence | POS | WMS | Payment Gateway, and mobile add-ons solutions. GerminIT caters to a wide range of Sage X3 offerings. Currently, we provide end-to-end support with Sage X3 implementation and customization solutions for Sage business partners, Sage PSG, and end-users worldwide.